Spring Maintenance Reminders
Here is a quick checklist of Spring Maintenance Reminders to make sure your home is is maintained and healthy come springtime!
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace batteries. Replace old detectors, if needed.
- Check the batteries and reset set the clocks on your digital thermostats.
- Test the circuits on your GFI outlets (in bathroom, kitchen, laundry & outside) by pressing test buttons on outlets.
- Have fireplaces and/or wood stoves checked and cleaned, if needed. Have chimneys inspected and cleaned every couple of years.
- Vacuum radiators and/or heat/air conditioning vents thoroughly.
- Move furniture and drapes away from radiators for good heat and air conditioning circulation.
- If you have a humidifier, clean it and check for leaks and proper operation.
- If you have forced air heating/cooling, replace furnace air filters and vacuum air ducts. Have heat and or air conditioning ducts and dryer vent ducts cleaned every two years.
- Check roof, gutters, downspouts, and earth grading to ensure that water runs 3 to 5 feet away from building(s).
- Schedule gutter and downspout cleaning to remove leaves before spring rains.